You won’t feel deprived from opting out from wheat pasta with these delicious (and easy) zucchini noodles.
Zucchini Noodles with Alfredo Sauce (V)(P)
- FOR THE ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 2 large zucchini
- FOR ALFREDO SAUCE
- 3⁄4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 to 6 hours (or overnight), then drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Basil or parsley for garnish
- Use a spiralizer to create zucchini pasta. Set aside.
- For the Alfredo, blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Transfer to a pan and warm on low heat, stirring constantly. Adjust taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. When warmed through, turn off the heat and place the zucchini noodles in the pan, stirring gently to mix. Serve immediately garnished with basil or parsley.