Current keynotes include:
Alzheimers Advances: Prevention is Possible
For health-practitioner audiences.
Utilizing a strong scientific foundation both through their own research and the research of others, Dr. Dean and Dr. Ayesha Sherzai present a solid case for the reduction of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia through prevention. Looking at the current rates of diagnosis, the Sherzais pinpoint specific lifestyle choices that have a direct impact on the reduction in an individual’s risk for an Alzheimer’s or dementia diagnosis. Perfect for health and wellness audiences, the Sherzais teach:
- The challenges that come with a rapidly increasing Alzheimer’s and dementia diagnosis rate and the physical, mental and financial burden it carries for the loved one and their caregivers
- The methods and importance of imaging as it relates to diagnosis, prediction and progression tracking as well as assessing treatment response.
- Alzheimer’s risk factors, both preventable (environmental and lifestyle) and non-preventable (genetic and bodily trauma)
- The best ways to reduce Alzheimer’s risk through changes in preventable risk factors through diet, exercise, social interaction, healthy sleep patterns, etc and the current scientific findings
The N-E-U-R-O Plan: A Simple Framework for Optimal Brain Health
For consumer audiences.
Searching for practical, proven ways to optimize your brain? This keynote presentation focuses on the Sherzai’s N-E-U-R-O plan. In it, Dr. Dean and Dr. Ayesha teach audiences the five most important pieces to a healthy brain. With the diagnosis rate of brain-related diseases skyrocketing, it is heartening to learn that prevention lies not in complicated lifestyle detours, but in simple changes that can be made all at once or adopted a little at a time. This practical framework is rooted in science yet easy enough to work into everyday life. In this presentation, audiences learn:
- The importance of nutrition and the best way to nourish your body for optimal brain health
- How to build healthy, sustainable levels of exercise into your daily routine
- The art of mindfulness and how this practice of unwinding plays a big role in long-term health
- How to best prioritize and achieve restful sleep in a society that doesn’t value or make time for it
- The role of mental and social activity with our families and community, and how engaging your brain on these levels help preserve clarity and sharpness