Indulge your sweet touch any time of year with this summery dessert.
Key Lime Pie
- 1 cup packed medjool dates, pitted (pitted before measuring)
- 11⁄2 cups raw walnuts (or sub raw almonds or rolled oats)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4 to 6 hours (or overnight), then drained
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk, well shaken
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 to 4 large limes (1 Tbsp zest, 1⁄2 cup juice)
- 1⁄2 cup erythritol (depending on preferred sweetness)
- Add dates to a food processor and blend until they form a ball and only small bits remain. Remove and set aside. Next add nuts and salt and process into a meal. Then combine with dates and blend until a loose dough forms. It should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If too wet, add more walnut meal. Distribute evenly among small dessert cups, or 4-ounce mason jars, and press down with your fingers or a spoon to flatten. Set aside.
- For the filling, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high (or liquefy) until creamy and smooth. Depending on the power of the blender, this may take between 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tartness or more erythritol for sweetness. Pour filling into
- the mason jars or dessert cups and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Top with a bit more lime zest and cover with the jar lid or cellophane wrap.
- Freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to thaw before serving.