This scrumptious dessert is completely guilt-free. We all know about the incredible antioxidant properties of blueberries, and the crust is made of nuts high in omega-3s. These powerful ingredients combine to offer you not only a delightful dessert but also nature’s best medicine for a healthy brain.
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, or mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries; if using strawberries, chop them)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped into almost meal
- ½ cup dates, soaked in hot water and blended into a puree
- ½ cup erythritol
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the washed berries in a deep 9 × 13 (or similar size) baking dish.
- In a bowl, add all topping ingredients.
- Stir to combine, then use fingers to break apart any clumps. Pour over berries in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (uncovered), or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is deep golden brown. Let rest at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This dessert tastes best when fresh but can be frozen for up to two weeks. Reheat at 350°F until warmed through.
Mind Kind recipes are developed by Dr. Ayesha Sherzai, a practicing neurologist with a culinary and nutrition background. Each recipe is crafted to provide optimum taste, convenience, and health benefits.